Wednesday, September 11, 2013

    Our visit to the Home for the Sick and Dying Children was an especially memorable experience - here is my story:
    Before I entered the facility I felt substantial fear- fear of illness, fear I wouldn’t be able to handle seeing sick and dying children, fear I wouldn’t be able to help. Upon entering and seeing sick skinny children with IVs and hearing a multitude of crying babies, I felt an immediate conviction that I should do all I could to help - and all of my fear subsided. Part of the relief I felt was in part due to the presence of sweet little orphan girl in whose eyes I could see Joy - sheer joy that she could play and be held and happy like every other little girl- even if just for the morning. I spent much of the time playing with her. She was thrilled I know a bit of French, and together we came up with a song which included fragments of common phrases. As we sung this song we’d created we were surrounded by twenty sick, crying babies and foul smells, yet she seemed so happy, and she absolutely glowed as she spoke and intended to include in our song the word, spoken: “jay-cee.”  I replied - “Je ne comprend pas” - I do not understand. She pointed to the Cross on the wall and I nearly broke down. Jesus. Here was her focus- she knew that this was her only Hope.  -W 

2 comments:

  1. Pictures look great - that guitar fits right in ! God is Good! thanx for the updates ! mco

    ReplyDelete
  2. How powerful is the faith of this little girl? Despite her circumstances, she knows there is hope and from whom it comes from. Thank you for sharing this with us. We should all be so wise.

    ReplyDelete