Sunday, September 14, 2014

Bitter Sweet Endings

It’s hard to believe our time in Haiti is quickly winding down. I can’t wait to see my husband and kids; to hug them.

We said goodbye to the neighborhood kids tonight. After seven short days there are a few that tugged hard on my heart strings. There is also one girl in particular at Juneau’s orphanage that stole my heart. And then there’s the countless others. The eyes that stare back at you in wonder as you drive past on the dusty road. Usually if you smile at them and wave, they will do the same. 

Before leaving for Haiti there was a song by Hillsong, “Oceans”, which I kind of claimed as my personal Haiti song:

“You call me out upon the waters, the great unknown where feet may fail. And there I find You in the mystery, in oceans deep, my faith will stand. Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the waters, where ever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander, and my faith would be made stronger, in the presence of my Savior.”

I’ve seen Jesus in the Haitian people, and I have been blessed.



Susie Passons



No comments:

Post a Comment